Friday, September 23, 2011

Overwhelmed...

Today I had to wait 2 hours to find out if I had Thyroid cancer. Those were some of the worst 2 hours of my life.

After waiting those 2 hours I went into my Doctor's office and he said he is "extremely confident" that I do not have cancer. I can't tell you the overwhelming joy I felt when those words came out of his mouth.

I am going in for a thyroid ultra-sound in an hour to see if there are any growths on my thyroid. They believe it is shutting down. My sister Marissa had half of her thyroid removed a few years ago and has had no problems since, so let's hope I am in the same boat as her.

I just had to post and say how grateful I am. Some days are extremely hard and I have been pretty sick lately, but I am so grateful that my illnesses are not going to make me leave this earth anytime soon. I am also grateful for my amazing boss, my amazing husband (who changed his flight to come home early from a work trip as soon as I called him and told him that I might have cancer...he is ALWAYS so good to me, but it's times like this that I am reminded of his devotion to me...and of mine to him), for my Megs...she takes more stress & pain from me than I probably even know...and for my cute Mom who has the busiest life & doesn't have a moment for herself, but she is always willing to drop ANYTHING to be by my side.

I am overwhelmed and grateful.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Well I'll just get choked up about that post! I am SO grateful everyday that the Lord is mindful of you, and even more grateful to him that he gave you to me! I LOVE YOU MY TWIN! I don't know what I'd do without you!

Codi said...

Yay to no cancer! But I am sorry that you are feeling so terrible lately. I hope they can get your thyroid figured out and things start looking up soon! I am glad that you are still on this earth too!

Angela said...

I thought I read that you had Thyroid cancer and my heart dropped. I re-read it and was so grateful that it looks like it is not that. It makes me sad that you have to endure so much, I am so happy that you have such a great support system. You are so strong and a great example to me.

Perschon Family said...

Chels....I am SO glad you do NOT have cancer and that you have such great support!!!! I hope everything goes ok with figuring out more about your thyroid!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!