Monday, April 7, 2008

Woody the Cat

This is my cat Woody...
Woody is 5 years old. Jesse gave him to me the Easter after we got married (2003) because his school schedule was so crazy and I was always alone...and it would be like that for 3 more years. He was the greatest gift ever! I love kittens, but especially orange Tabbies. For some reason they have always just been my favorite. So when I saw little tiny 1.5 pound Woody I just couldn't believe it. He has always been so smart. He loves to open the cupboards and play with the pots and pans (especially in the middle of the night when I'm at home alone...he wakes me up out of a dead sleep and scares me to death)...he also loves to turn on and off the lights...there's a good story about the first time he turned the lights on when Jesse was home alone and asleep, but it's better told in person than on a blog, so I won't go into it. Meg also taught him to drink from the tap, so he refuses to drink from his bowl now...he is such a brat...thanks to Meg...she's a brat too...hahahah...Meg and Woody love each other so much. Whenever I take a picture of the two of them they just look so happy together...(Woody is the size of Meg's whole torso. He is 18 pounds of cat...)


They are just weird together.
Speaking of weird, Woody looks like he's sniffing the glue in this picture...
He also loves to sit on his behind like a human...
Jesse took Woody outside to walk in the snow during a huge snow storm. Woody walked right inside and looked out to watch Jesse...he is NOT an outdoor cat...he is a spoiled kid who loves to keep his toes warm...and I like him that way...
This is Woody's angry face...he looks like a little bear...he is de-clawed and loves to smack people with his soft paws when he's upset...it obviously doesn't hurt, it's just a little shocking whenever he does it.
Thanks for indulging me and reading my thoughts about my brilliant and eccentric cat Woody!

4 comments:

Kendal and Kendra said...

We need ot have a play date with Jack and Woody! they would love eachother. Ok- prob not, but we should get together again! we need to have you guys over!

Meg said...

That is my Woody Day Hubbard! What a big guy he is! And I had to teach him how to drink from the sink, it's the proper cat thing to do. Jeez. What a good post! Love you!

Trips' Dad said...

My next blog will be titled, "Wish I Had A Kitty"... ;)

Jokilyn said...

I love Woody - and miss him. And I miss you! We really need to plan something soon! I want to see your new house! :) So when are you available?