Wednesday, April 16, 2008

General Conference

We have a little tradition in our family where we go to my Dad's house for every General Conference. I love traditions. I just love having things to look forward to. And I love going to my Dad's house in Heber. Even if I am just there for a few hours it feels like a vacation. I have always felt more safe when I am with my Dad than I do at any other time in my life. It's not like I am a stress case ALL of the time, though I am awfully anxious about many things, I try not to be, but I just feel so comfortable with my Dad. He just makes me feel like a safe little girl who has no worries because her Dad is taking care of everything. You know what I mean? I hope that everyone out there has that sort of a relationship with their Dad. I really do. It's so nice.

Anyway, we have such a blast after conference. Conference itself is wonderful and amazing, but I love the food and the party afterward. My Dad makes the BEST food. He is at his best when cooking with a dutch oven, and that's what we got on Sunday. BBQ Ribs, and Baked Beans (the best baked beans in the world...well, his and my Mom's are very close, who knows whose is better...) and then we had BUBBLE GUM ICE CREAM for dessert! I LOVE BUBBLE GUM ICE CREAM!!!! Anything that has to do with bubble gum is Meg and my favorite. It's always been that way. Since our days as kids at Leatherby's. We just want bubble gum ice cream and nothing else. I have branched out since then and tried other things, but if there is an option of bubble gum ice cream that's what we'll chose.

So, this is a very random and weird post. I shall end now. But here are some pictures from our Conference Day at my Dad's...

Marissa and Ashley being crazy...



My steph-nephew Braxton (they call him Bubba) scarfing down ice cream...this picture is the greatest...



Me and Meg just chillin'...Meg has remnants of the Bubble Gum Ice Cream left in her mouth, obviously...and I had a MASSIVE zit on my chin on this current day, which my brother-in-law Ryan kindly photo-shopped out...I am so glad Marissa married him, and not ONLY because he can take pictures and make me look prettier than I actually did in the original picture...heheheh



This is a picture of some of us who were in attendance on this fine evening...



This is Colin and Ben. Ryan, who I spoke of above, has triplets. Two boys and a girl. Abby, Ben and Colin, or A, B, and C. They are so much dang fun! The three of them live in their own world most of the time. I am so jealous of them. It is so much fun to be part of a set of mulitples and to have your best friends with you all the time. They are so cute! I am so glad they are part of our family!



This is Abby. Isn't she the cutest? She is SO SERIOUS about her dessert...as am I, so I can appreciate the intensity on her face...

4 comments:

Meg said...

I am always so proud of your freakin blogs! I just love them. You are a very good writer. And, I need your help with my blog. I keep forgetting to ask. Can you figure out why my list of friends has disappeared? I don't know where it went, and I couldn't figure it out last night. Thanks dove!

Jokilyn said...

So, I would have to agree with you about the "alien baby" thing....but you should see what it looks like when you're only like 8 weeks along!! It doesn't look REMOTELY human - seriously, go to the widget site where you get it and type in a fake due date to see how crazy looking they start out. The baby(ies) is only 4 inches right now, so it is pretty tiny and has a long way to grow. My appointment to find out the gender is TODAY!!!!!! 4:30!!!! I'll text you when we find out - and I'll have pictures to blog with tomorrow! I seriously can't stand the wait!! So...what's your schedule like the next few weeks to we can plan a time to get together?? We're staying with William 'cause my parents will be out of town, so we'll be living in Sandy from tonight until May 8th! Let's seriously plan something soon!! Less talking - more planning! ;) LOVE YOU!!

Love, Pooks

Jokilyn said...

Thank you for that E-card!!! You are SOOOOO SWEET! :) LOVE YOU!

Britt said...

How fun. I love traditions too! You and Meg are as beautiful as ever! I love photoshop. I use the zit zapping trick a lot!