Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Holiday Season...a little late...

The 2009 Holiday season was a great one. We had tons of fun parties to attend, and as usually there was good food to be had.

First of all, there was the Anderson Family Christmas Party. Since I was a little girl this has been my favorite party of the year, and though it's not the same now that all of my cousins are grown up and have their own children, it is still fun to get together to chat, eat and have fun. First we went bowling...I don't have pictures of this, but we did have a blast...and I think I might have had the worst score out of everyone. Is it just me, or does anyone else have bowling games that are over 100 or under 30? I can't be in the middle. I am either really good, or I really stink at bowling...and I happend to be having one of the not-so-good bowling days :)
After bowling we went to a nearby church to eat and have Santa come talk to the little kids and bring them presents. My poor cousin Marcee had just had surgery a couple of days before, but she was a good sport to come along for the ride anyway, and her cute husband Marc had never been to an Anderson Family Christmas Party but he'll be more prepared for it all next year :)
(from left to right: Marc, Marcee, Colby (one of my step-brothers), and Jake (another step brother))
My Mom went nuts with the bowling themed decorations...it turned out so cute! My Mom is amazing at everything she does (oh, and Meg made the snowman centerpieces, which were amazing too...the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree in Meg and my Mom's case)...oh, and my sister-in-law Amy made these amazing cupcakes with white chocolate bowling-pin toppers :)
Some more of my cousins :)
Our next Holiday celebration was Christmas Eve. We always celebrate Christmas Eve in Heber City with my Dad. Christmas Eve with my Dad is one of the best nights of the year. We always eat amazing food, then we sing carols for hours, play a game or two, exchange presents, and then head home to get some sleep before the big day. Here are some pictures at my Dad's house on Christmas Eve:

Meg and I bought matching Christmas outfits...we HAD to people...we are twins after all :)

My sister Ashley and my niece Cameron hanging out before the festivities...Cameron was getting some new teeth so she was a slobbery mess. I love her as a slobbery mess!

Meg showing Cameron a picture of herself...
Singing carols...
Exchanging presents...
Alright, I can't talk about Christmas anymore, it's making me miss it too much...I will post about Christmas day later...I hope all of you had as much fun during the Holidays as we did. Happy New Year! I can't wait for 2010 and all of the possibilities ahead!

1 comments:

Meg said...

Well that was a fun post! Merry Christmas to you Chels Lyn, and welcome to day 12...