Friday, September 12, 2008

6 unspectacular quirks...

I was tagged by my friend Tamsen to do this...I feel so special when I'm tagged :)

6 Unspectacular Quirks about me:
1. I have a blanket. Yep, that's right. A blanket. It is a necessity in my life. If I am home (even if it's 100 degrees outside) it has to be with me. I know, I know, I need to grow up, but I just love it. Nothing makes me more calm or happier than my blanket. It's just the truth so you're going to have to live with it people.

2. I have to triple check everything. My friend Amy also said this, but it is SO true about me. I have to check all of the locks on the doors (and windows if a window has been opened sometime within the last week) at least 3 times before I go to sleep. When I am checking a lock I try to tell myself it's OK, it's locked, and I don't need to come back and check for a second and third time, but I always end up getting out of bed and checking again...Ugh, once again, I need to get over this and grow up.

3. I love to hit the "Snooze" button. I think most people do, but it is physically impossible for me to wake up the first time an alarm goes off. I usually plan to set my alarm for at least 2 snoozes before I really need to get up. That way I can snooze away :)

4. I hate water. It is just disgusting. I can drink 160 oz of soda pop a day but not water. I've tried flavored water, sparkling water, whatever, it just isn't good. I have serious issues with this and force myself to drink at least 3 glasses a day (on a good day).

5. I can perform in front of people but I get SICK when I have to teach. I will do a little dance (I'm a geeky dancer), or sing a solo, or recite a monologue, but when I have to actually express my own thoughts to a group of people it makes me sick. And sweaty. Man am I gross. Oh and this is only a recent thing. I didn't used to be like this. As I get older I get more insecure...which you think it'd be the opposite, but I don't usually follow the same trends as other people.

6. I am never content. Not with myself, not with my job, not with my house, not with my hair, not with anything. I am always wanting change and to be different. It's nice sometimes to have things to dream about and work for, but I'd like to be content with something in my life...I am really going to work on this people, you just wait and see :)

Now, here are the terms and conditions for those of you who are going to be "tagged" by me:

Link the person who tagged you (this is something I'm going to have to figure out before I post this blog...)

Mention the rules on your blog.

List 6 unspectacular quirks about you.

Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them.

Now, I tag Meg, Michelle, Star, Manon (that's right Manon, you better do this, and Jake doing it doesn't count...be a part of the "in" crowd), Kendra, and Jodi (oh, and anyone else who wants to do this).

5 comments:

Perschon Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only OCD person around! The worst is when we leave for a trip! I almost always have to make Brody drive back past our house before we leave so I can make sure we shut the garage! I didn't realize you hated water so bad! I learn something new about you all the time! I'm working on the content thing too!

Tamsen said...

Thanks for playing. I dig your new hair BTW.

Anonymous said...

I totally do the snooze thing and I get nervous to perform more than I ever have!!!!!! I get sick, just sick to my stomach!

Jokilyn said...

Reading this was like reading my own biography (except the water part - I LOVE water!) I too have a blanket. It has been neglected since I've been pregnant because I am so incredibly hot all the time, but I have one. I also love to hit snooze...though I generaly plan on at least 3 or 4 snooze cycles. It's fun to see how much we're still alike! :) Can't wait for Saturday!

Babe in Boysland said...

Snoozers of the world unite!!!