Friday, September 26, 2008

Blessings

I have been in a blah mood for the last few days but some events around me have kind of knocked me back into reality and have made me recognize how blessed I am and how wonderful my life is. I just thought I would list 10 blessings I have been given. This isn't necessarily for anyone else's benefit but I just wanted to do it:

1. I am healthy. Yes I still have Crohn's flare ups and yes I still get sick easily, but overall I can live life. It wasn't like that for a good three years, so I am very grateful for the medication I have, for the doctors that I have been led to, and for my family who take such good care of me.

2. I have a job. I am not always happy when my alarm clock goes off at 5:45 AM to get ready to go to work, but I truly am blessed to have this job. Not only is my boss one of the greatest people who has ever lived, but I love what I do. I learn so much every day and I am busy. I love to be busy and I love to try and exceed people's expectations. I am so blessed to work at a place I love, doing what I love, with good people around me.

3. I have a home. I love my house. I love my neighborhood. I love my neighbors. I love my Ward. I just love everything about it.

4. I have a twin. Meg truly is so much fun. I love being a twin. I truly feel sorry for those of you out there who aren't twins. I don't know what I did to deserve this incredible blessing, but I am so glad I did it. It is so nice to have someone who understands me so completely that I don't even need to say how I am feeling or what I need, she just knows. And I also love that she will never judge me. Even if I say something and it doesn't come out right and ends up sounding horrible she knows my heart and knows what I am really trying to say and she loves me anyway. I love being a twin.

5. I have a sweet husband. Jesse is such an amazing husband. He takes such good care of me. He has dealt with so much from me and he just continues to love me no matter what. How lucky am I? I am so grateful for his patience and compassion. He is the best.

6. I have the Gospel in my life. Where would I be without it? I don't know how people even get out of bed in the morning without the knowledge of the plan of salvation. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wake up in the morning thinking about the Gospel, and spend my day thinking about the Gospel, and go to sleep thinking about the Gospel. I wish I could say that were the case but it's not. I am just so grateful that when things are hard on me I can turn to the Gospel for peace. And when things are wonderful I can again turn to the Gospel, recognize what I have been blessed with, and feel peace.

7. I have a cat. I know to some of you this may seem ridiculous, and honestly, it sounds a little weird as I am typing this, but really, I am so grateful for my cat Woody. I love that he can't wait for me to come home and that he gets so excited when I wake up in the morning and how he hates it when I leave. I just love his sweet spirit and am so grateful the Lord blessed us with animals.

8. I have amazing parents. My Mom makes life fun. No matter the occasion, even if it's just a Wednesday, she makes it fun. I love that about her and am so glad that she makes my life exciting. My Dad is so fun to talk with. He calls me at least once a week and we have great conversations. Sometimes they are just fluffy conversations and sometimes they are deep and meaningful, but no matter what I love my conversations with him.

9. I have wonderful siblings. I am so glad that I grew up in a big family. There is no where else I'd rather be than hanging out with my siblings doing puzzles, playing Rock Band, singing, or just telling stories and laughing. They are all so much fun for different reasons and I love them all so much.

10. I live in America. Now this kind of came out of left field, I know, but truly, I am so proud to be an American. I am so grateful for our freedoms. I am so grateful for those who serve our country so we can enjoy the freedoms we have been given. And I am so grateful that I was blessed enough to be born here so that I can be free to make my own choices.

So, that ended up being majorly cheesy, but I am glad I did it. I feel much better. Thanks for indulging me.

5 comments:

Perschon Family said...

I loved this post! It is always nice to sit back and think about blessings even if it sounds cheesy to write it all out! I'm glad you're feeling a little more up-beat now! I hope you have a great weekend!

Perschon Family said...

(don't get me wrong...your post didn't sound all cheesy...you were just worried about that in your post so I was saying that I'm glad you did it anyway!)

Meg said...

First off, I love Amy. I love that she had to write a second comment as a disclaimer to her first. She is just so much like us! We would both do the same thing and then worry about it for the rest of the day. Secondly, I LOVE THIS POST! Thank you for putting ME as #3 and Jesse Knight as #4. Thank you for being MY blessing. I love you with all of my heart!

HooverBirds said...

i think it's very healthy to list off what we have to be grateful for. hey i just finished a book about separated twins: "Identical Strangers" you should check it out. i really liked it. hey will you send me your & megs email? mine is katieohoover@gmail.com thanks love!

the Brakey's said...

I love it CHelsea! I haven't been to your blog in awhile. I'm glad you are feeling better! You are really inspiring to those around you, even if you don't now it. The YW thought you and Meg were so much fun! That was a huge hit! And the cupcakes were delicious!