Wednesday, September 3, 2008

These lips of mine...

These lips of mine really tell the whole story. For those of you who REALLY know me, you know that you can tell if I am sick or not just by looking at my lips. That's right, my lips. When I was in Elementary School I HATED to miss school, even if I had a fever or was throwing up, or for whatever other reason. I just hated missing class. But my Mom would always make me stay home if my lips were swollen because that meant that I really and truly was too sick to go to school.

Well, this last weekend has been a ruff one. It's no surprise, I have over-worked myself and have gotten NO sleep. So, when I awoke on Saturday morning to extremely swollen lips I knew I was in for it...well, I was right. I wish I wasn't, but I was. I spent the whole weekend (and today, might I add) looking like this:It's funny to see me this way, it really is. I just wish it wasn't SO noticeable. Jeez. The only thing that helps is:
It doesn't matter what the cause of my affliction is, Benadryl always saves the day. So I just had to give a shout out to my wonderful Benadryl. Thanks for saving me time and time again...if only you didn't make me so darn drowsy...

And that is why these lips of mine really do tell the whole story.

4 comments:

Perschon Family said...

aren't plump lips thought of as sexy? play it up!!! jk....
I'm sorry you had a rough weekend! I can only imagine how exhausted you must be from work, and the show and everything else you have going on! I'm so glad you have Benadryl to help you out. Please let me know if you need anything....I think you need some ashphault pie! I think it is supposed to help swollen lips go down! (I'll call you to see when you'll be home and maybe drop some by this week!)

Meg said...

You and Val really are just a mess. Just so you know. Sheesh. I'm sorry you were so sick last weekend. Don't forget to keep a journal you hussy.

Jesse said...

I never thought you would compare yourself to a chimpanzee.

Andee said...

Are you better? You make me laugh, Chels. My mother-in-law and I were talking last night and we really want to come to the show together. I'm so excited!