Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taste of Homes

My cute Mom took all of her girls (except for Ashley and Marissa...Ashley because she can't/doesn't want to cook, and Marissa because she had to perform last night) to the Taste of Homes cooking demonstration at Thanksgiving Point. This is the first time that Taste of Homes has come to Utah. My Mom was so excited for them to finally come here so she booked it months ago and told us all to put the date on our calendars.
First we ate at the little cafe they have there...

This is Meg and Cambria waiting in line to order

This is Cambria, Tim (yes, my step-dad came to the cooking class!), Jeff (my only brother, who is a great chef and just loves to cook) and Amy (my sister-in-law) waiting in line


More pictures of us waiting in line...isn't my Mom's yellow jacket cute?!


This is Meg being a nut-job and showing off the remnants of her Neapolitan...mmm...good


And this is my cute Mom in her cute yellow jacket eating her dessert...she doesn't look happy, but she is, she was just concentrating on eating


After we ate we went over to The Barn and waited for the show to start. This is me and Meg waiting in line to get some free candy. I love free stuff. I love candy. So I definitely had to get some free candy. It was all good, except for the Rock Candy. Who likes Rock Candy? It's spicy and yucky...ick...whoever invented that is just nuts...

This is a picture of me looking at one of the big screens they had up so all of us could see the details of the cooking demonstration. Meg took this picture. It's a little odd, but why not put it up?! And yes, it's a little blurry...
They showed us how to make 10 different dishes. There were prizes given out as well, but we think the lady who picked up our raffle tickets didn't put them in. She was not a happy camper. Oh well, we got some free candy, laughed until we cried several times, and just had a dang good time. My Mom really is just so much fun. She always makes sure that life is interesting and that we always have something to look forward to. Thanks Mom! Last night was a blast! You are the best!

2 comments:

Perschon Family said...

I really should go! I am the worst cook! Brody would be thrilled if I even wanted to go! Maybe you can come teach me what you learned!

Eric & Laura said...

You guys are so GORGEOUS! It's just not fair! :) When are you coming to see me? I totally miss you! And when can we see your show? I will be devastated if I miss it!