Monday, September 8, 2008

A Full Weekend

I had a pretty full weekend. I loved it. Well, most of it.

My Friday night started with my cute friend Amy bringing over homemade Asphalt Pie. It was even BETTER than Winger's. She was worried that there were too many Oreo's on it, but that was not the case. It was amazing and perfect, and I appreciated her thinking of me and giving me a great treat with the sweetest card ever (she is so good at writing cards and thinking of other people. I really need to be more like her!):

After I ate my Asphalt Pie and watched a little Gilmore Girls, Jesse and I went over to our friends' new house in Sandy. Marshall was Jesse's best friend in High School and his wife Kelli is so fun and sweet. They have done SO MUCH to their house and so far it looks amazing! We played Rock Band and our friend JJ joined us (without his cool wife Natalie, she had to work, sniff**sniff). It was fun to hang out, eat more wonderful dessert (thanks Kelli!) and play Rock Band. I forgot my camera, of course. I am still not very good at remembering to bring it (and I don't like to take pictures because I am horrible at it and thus I have to convince Jesse to take pictures for me and he puts up a little bit of a fight sometimes, so I really didn't want to deal with it that night). But even without pictures being taken to commemorate, we had a fabulous time.

Saturday morning I got to clean my house! 2 hours of good, deep cleaning. I love the feeling when you are done doing a deep clean. Then Meg and I went and got stuff to make baby shower invitations, ate lunch at our favorite restaurant (Zupa's, YUM!), went to Ikea, and then took a mid-afternoon nap (honestly one of my favorite things in life).

Then I had to be at Desert Star at 6:00 PM to do the 7:00 & 9:30 shows. The 7:00 show went great! I had a blast (as usual) and couldn't wait to perform a second time (I always like doing 2 consecutive shows, I feel I get better the 2nd time around, not that I don't try the 1st time, I just can fix things the 2nd time around and feel more comfortable on stage). As we performed the 9:30 show I was moving a bed off stage at the end of a scene. I usually move this bed by myself. But one of the cast members helped me out this time. We were being very quite and I was going to give the bed one final shove to move it to it's destination. At the same time the other cast member was going to lift it up to move it to it's destination. Well, I shoved and she lifted and I ended up jamming the bed (with a toy chest on top of it) into her nose. It sounded horrible. I swear it looked crooked and broken. She gasped and said, "Oh, my nose" and I said, "I am so sorry! You are bleeding!" but it was time for us to be back out on stage. So we went to our places. The lights came up as her nose just bled and bled. I continued to give my lines and I'm sure I was white as a ghost. She was plugging her nose but the blood was really flowing at this point. So she took her gloves off and stuffed them under her nose. We did the rest of the scene while her nose bled and bled, she made a few jokes about it and the audience laughed hesitantly, and then when we got off stage I talked her into letting me call her double (who is my sister Marissa). I knew Marissa was at a party not even a block away for my sister Cambria's Graduation. So I called Marissa and she was able to get there at intermission and perform the 2nd Act while this poor lady with the broken nose went to the E.R. I felt HORRIBLE! I know, I know, accidents happen, but really and honestly it was my shove that almost broke her nose (the doctors told her it wasn't broken, which I am relieved about, but I still feel horrible). I wrote her a text today and she told me that her nose and the surrounding area are black and blue but that she is doing well other than that. I am so glad. And I still feel bad. It's a good story (I guess, that's what other people think anyway) but I just never want to have another story like that ever again...poor lady. I'm not using her name because I'm not so sure she'd want me to.

Then yesterday (Sunday) we had dinner with our neighbors the Seethaler's and then watched Mr. Bean's Holiday (which I like, it's light-hearted and fun). It was a nice peaceful way to end a very eventful weekend and I'm glad that this weekend is over. I need it to be. It sure was eventful, but I am exhausted. Now I am looking forward to tonight. My Mom is taking all of us girls to the Taste of Homes Demonstration at Thanksgiving Point. I can't wait!!!! I'll bring my camera and post about it tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Perschon Family said...

holy nose! That is quite the story! It always sucks when you are the one that causes the accident....eventhough everyone keeps reminding you that it is ok since it was an accident and all...and I know you...you feel sincerely bad! I'm glad she's ok.
Dang bed!!

I'm glad you liked the pie. As soon as I master it (it is Brody's favorite desert now) then I'll bring you over some more! This time with caramel! (forgot that)

ANyway, I'm glad you had a good weekend and I hope you have fun tonight!

Meg said...

Poor little Chels Lyn. I am so sorry that you had such a bad night on Saturday. Must have been too short of a nap, that's all I can think. Love you!

Jokilyn said...

I can only imagine what it would be like to be in the audience while that poor girl's nose bled. New meaning to "the show must go on!!"

And the dessert....all I can say is mmmmmmmm!!! Asphault pie is one of the best desserts in this world!!

Eric & Laura said...

Did I miss something? I think we need to talk!