Thursday, August 21, 2008

A little bit of this...a little bit of that

So, my last post was kind of sad/weird/depressing so I thought I'd post a happier something...I don't have much to say since I am not doing much other than working and rehearsing, but here we go anyway....

First off, can I just say how happy Chewy Sweetarts make me? I know that's random, but I'm eating some right now and I am very happy about it. I love that they are so low in fat and calories as well (for a candy that is). So thank you Mr. Wonka for making these lovely little pieces of chewy heaven...
Second, I would like to say how much I love my doctor, Dr. Todd Nelson. Now, this might be random and a little sad to some people that on a "more positive note" I am talking about my doctor, but I am actually usually happy to see him. Not happy because I am sick or in pain, but happy because he has solved so many problems for me, is such an awesome human being, and truly does care about me and my body (not in that way people, I am just saying he really cares about me and wants me to feel well). He is probably the greatest doctor of all time, followed by Dr. Wilde who I talked about in a previous post. So, I am not going to post a picture of Dr. Nelson because if he ever found out he might be a little creeped out, but also because there's just no need people. So here's another little picture instead:

And finally can I just say how awesome my friends are? I love chatting with my girlfriends and hearing about what's going on in their lives. It helps me feel like I am not alone in different exhausting experiences in life, or in exciting times of life. I just like people. Especially good, fun people who care about me and I care about them (this sure is turning into a cheesy little post...). To name a few of these such people:

My friend Amy who really is probably the greatest listener I've ever met. She has so much going on in her own life but she is always so concerned about me. She will do anything and everything she can for me. And she always seems to know when to call, text, or email me. She is just the best (I stole this picture from her blog, I hope she doesn't mind).

My friend Manon. She is so down-to-earth. There is no drama in this girl's life and if there is she will do everything she can to eliminate it. It's surprising that we get along so well since I am so very dramatic about all things in life. She is all about trying new things. She doesn't care about what other people think about her. She is also so dang creative and talented (I love this picture. Jake and Manon look like they are so snooty and proper...hahaha...they are generally smiley people :)

My friend Becky who is the greatest example of how to be positive no matter how crazy your life is and who laughs harder than anyone I know. When something is funny, just laugh out loud and don't care who hears you. That's what I love about her.

My Mom who makes sure my life is full of surprises and treats (she calls me about once a month and says, "I'm down in the parking lot at your work. Come down here, I have a surprise for you" and she'll bring me a cookie, or a muffin, or even a Zupas Salad (my favorite)) And, of course, my twin sister Meg who always makes sure that life is a party. She really is so dang cool. She always knows exactly what I need. There are so many other people who make my life better and make me happy, but those are just a few. Thanks, as always, for letting me be a cheese ball and listening to my ramblings...

7 comments:

Perschon Family said...

Chels,
You just made my day! How cool was that to check your blog and read all of those nice words you wrote about me! Thank you!!! I must say that you are equally as nice to always ask about me and to care about what is going on in my life! And you're always willing to help me out...especially in crunch times....no matter how you feel! I've always been amazed at your outlook as well, especially with the challenges with your health!!! I'm so glad to have you as a friend too! (You're not the only one who can be cheesy!)

Meg said...

Listen, you are just hilarious. I truly appreciate the beauty of chewy sweet tarts. A special thanks from me to Mr. Wonka as well. Secondly, that is the cutest little picture of a Dr. ever! I love that you say putting a real picture of him is just not needed, made me laugh. He is so dang hot (as a side note)! As for all of your friends that you listed, I love the explanations of each of them. You are so lucky to have them, which means I am lucky to have them (make sure you emphasize the capital in that "I"). I must say I was shocked to have a little shout out at the end. I don't know why I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't. So thanks for that. You always make life a party for ME. Which I fully appreciate. You really are just hilarious. I love you!

Meghan Hendrix said...

Hello! I found your blog through Megan's. I am so glad I have found all these fund ways to catch up with old friends! Way cute blog by the way

Anonymous said...

Chels I love you! Im so glad that your feeling better and that you have finally found docs that really care. I have been through that my whole life as well! So annoying when they just dont care or give up. Ok so I too enjoy candy that makes me happy. I love that you made a post about it, thats so something I would do! Also I too love your mother, how is she? Ok so I think things are going to slow down for me come fall, I know probably not for you, BUT we need, HAVE to get together!

Love, Star

PS Im going to come see you in your show!

Morris Family said...

Hey Chels! Your blog makes me happy!! Hope work and life are going good... we are back in NE and i'm sorry we didn't get to see you :( We'll find out where we're going in Nov so i'll keep ya posted!! Tell your fam hi for me!

Babe in Boysland said...

I think this post is so kind and thoughtful, but I can't say anymore about it because I'm too distracted by the CHEWY SWEETARTS. For how many people obviously love them, they are surprisingly not that easy to find in grocery stores. LAME.

galbraithfam said...

you are soooo sweet, and that really made me feel so cool. You are always seeing me laugh because you are soooo funny though! I love to check out your blog and by the way you were AWESOME as Tinkerbell. It made me really excited to come see you in Scary Poppins! Thanks for always being so dang cool and hilarious for me! It's great to have friends like you!