Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is how I feel at the moment...

I'm a little stressed...I love this picture, and it's funny, but I am not feeling funny at the moment. Can I just vent for a minute? This is going to be completely opposite from the last post...

First off, I started rehearsals for "Scary Poppins" last Tuesday night and I have to have my lines memorized by tonight. Yep, that's right. One week. One week to memorize an entire show! What in the crap? In all of the shows I've done in the past I've had at least a month to have them memorized, so 7 days instead of 30 is quite a drastic change. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be in this show. I really and truly am. I just wish I didn't work full time and that I didn't have rehearsals so much because then, let's be honest, when am I going to have time to memorize lines?! Jeez. I have the first act pretty much down, and the beginning of the second act, but the last two scenes are DEFINITELY shaky and I am so worried for how much I'm going to stink when I'm up there tonight. I know they won't expect perfection but still, I don't want to make a fool of myself...we shall see how it goes.

Second, I have been sick as a dog since Sunday. I just woke up on Sunday morning feeling HORRIBLE. It hasn't gotten better since. I'm sure the stress and no-sleep aren't helping that at all, but I just want to feel better. Aarrgghh...

Third, Jesse is on a business trip. Those of you wives out there who have a traveling husband I am so sorry. I don't know how you do it. I can't stand having Jesse gone. We are not joined at the hip like some couples I know (cough, cough, Seethalers, cough) but I do enjoy knowing that he's right there if I need him. He left at the crack of dawn on Sunday and comes home around 10 PM tomorrow night, so I think I can survive one more night and entire day, but I will be so happy when he is home.

But really, this week can only get better from here, right? Right. Thanks for listening...

9 comments:

HooverBirds said...

when's scary poppins? i want to come. Seriously! van & i never see each other, but being apart for days is REALLY rough. I was just gone for 4 days for an interpreting thing and I wanted to start crying the second i got to heber (our interpreting retreat). it's not usually that intense, i think pregnancy adds the need to be close. i love you miss! i'm glad you found our blog! i'll put your's up when i get a chance to catch my breath :) good luck with the lines!!

Eric & Laura said...

Chels! i'm sorry sorry to hear that your week has been stinky. I can relate, but it doesn't matter...it still stinks! BUT...it will get better. You always tell me that, and it's true! It always gets better...and SECOND: you're awesome! You're going to do a great job and we'd love to come watch you! don't give up. Try to get some rest, and remember that we all love you!

Meg said...

I laughed several times in that because I remember feeling the exact same way and knowing it was just hopeless until rehersals were over. It's not funny, but it is. At least you'll get to that point. It's kind of like "Who Needs Sleep" by our beloved BNL. Just think of that. Love you Chels Lyn! Sorry it's such a trash week. It's half way done though! (And I LOVE that the Seethalers are so dang in love, I'm glad you gave them a nod in your post)

Perschon Family said...

i've been e-mailing you but i hadn't read this post yet. i'm sorry chels! I hope you start feeling better!!!!! stupid how it all comes down on ya at once huh!!

galbraithfam said...

I can relate to how it is with not having a husband in town. It just plain sucks huh? And even worse since you were sick! I feel so bad! I should have had you over for dinner! I hope you are feeling better....especially with the show and everything....you are amazing by the way! I'm so excited to see your show...let me know when it is asap so I can get a babysitter! I do not want to miss it! Let me know if I can do anything!

cory and tara said...

I'm sorry Chelsea...that sucks that you are sick! I hope you get feeling better quickly. And I know what you mean about having your husband gone...Cory rarely has to travel but I HATE it when he does. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!! You are too funny. It’s true we don't do many things separate. What can I say I'm needy I guess.

Jesse said...

I'm just too spectacular to not have around. What can I say...

Babe in Boysland said...

I know I'm coming in late on this, but...I LOVE YOU!!!!! I know it's hard to have hubby away (I HATE it). Also, Chels, stop sweating the memorization, you ROCK UTAH, and therefore will subsequently rock this show.

Are you feeling better now?