Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What in the crap am I doing?

So this is a funny/weird story. I am just laughing at myself because I don't usually think things through, I just act and then I think about it afterward.


Anyway, so Meg and I just got back from lunch at Cafe Rio (which I love, by the way, but don't most people?). We had a great time and I am very full at the moment but I made a complete full out of myself in the parking lot and Meg just helped it along...(when reading this please remember that Meg is VERY sarcastic and she is so good at keeping her face straight so people believe every single sarcastic word she's saying...and she is very proud of this talent of hers...)


So, we pull up to Cafe Rio and Meg and I get out of the car. Meg is telling me at the time about how she did the stair climber 4 times last week and wasn't sore one bit, but after walking around Disneyland for one day her legs are sore...I tell her, "Well, I am sore because of this tiny little dance move we've been doing in the show" and I proceed to do the little dance move to show her how stupid and tiny it is and to show her how stupid I feel about being sore from this. It's a little flirty move (I am playing a woman from the 20's who's singing Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy so it's a flirty little song) and I am just displaying this move for all to see in this massive parking lot. Well, wouldn't it be just my luck that a car full of guys jump out of their car and start whistling and trying to chat with us. So Meg and I walk briskly into Cafe Rio just laughing (and I am realizing that I shouldn't have just broken out into a dance in the middle of the parking lot...)


Well, the guys end up right behind us in line. They are kind of eyeing us but Meg and I just ignore them, try to do different things with our hands to show them that we are married and by no means did we mean to have them look at us and flirt with us. Meg and I are chatting about work and just filling up our time in line hoping they don't say anything...but they finally talk over us and say, "That was a nice move out there. We want to give you a tip." I laugh and say, "Um, no thanks, I really shouldn't have demonstrated that move, I was just showing her a dance move I just learned and I wasn't thinking about where I was." And they continue to pursue chatting with us. I start to order my salad because I'm at the front of the line at this point and I hear the guy say, "No, we really want to pay you a tip." And Meg says (I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THIS) "She does those things for free. There's no need to tip her."


Seriously people. That's what Meg said. She is just smiling as she turns to me and I just ignore that it was even said, pay for my salad, get my drink, and find a corner table that is already surrounded by occupied tables so there is no way that they can sit by us to taunt me and my stupidity more.


The moral of the story is that I just need to stop dancing in parking lots. Save it for the stage Chelsea, save it for the stage...


(and here, just for the heck of it, is a picture of Meg. Can't you see that sparkle in her eye that says she has some grand idea in her head?! She is so cool, even though she does put me on the spot often, I sure do have a good time with her)

5 comments:

Just J said...

Wait, you're not supposed to dance in parking lots?! No wonder my hubby is always so embarrassed! =)

Perschon Family said...

i wish i could've seen the dance move! i guess i'll have to wait till the show! i think it is great that Meg can keep a straight face when taunting you! I always laugh!

I can't believe she said that line about you doing it for free though! hee hee!

Meg said...

Listen, you are just a dang good time that's all. I can't help it if other people think so too. So I have to go along with things strait faced. Sheesh. I do appreciate the picture, I actually like that one. I should definitely cut my hair again, none of this growing out crap. The point of this is to tell you that I truly enjoyed your dance. I truly did. I just think you are so dang much fun. Val would be proud too, after all, she is the one who taught it to you....

cory and tara said...

Sorry I missed that...I even thought about going to Cafe Rio today. That's embarassing but admit it...it's kind of nice to know you still "got it". ha ha!

Babe in Boysland said...

Ummm, TAKE THE TIP. It's free money, take it, THEN go to the table where you won't be bothered.

Bravo for lettin' loose and gettin' jiggy in the parking lot. I SO would have done that.